- The baptism was part of God's Plan.
- It was an example for us all to follow.
- It inaugurated Jesus' public life.
- It introduces us to our Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Demonstrates obedience to the Will of God.
- We needed Him to (see # 1-5).
Nah. That's a dumb ass idea.
Maybe Jesus wanted to jump on the Baptist's bandwagon. It looked like he had a good gig going.
Nah. Look how the Baptist ended.
But Jesus ended worse. But that was for us. Hmmm, maybe Jesus' baptism was for us.
I feel a headache coming on.