Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What Do You Want?


"What do you want me to do for you?"  Jesus asks Bartimeus.  And Bartimeus answers, "That I may see."  Jesus grants Bartimeus request.  Not only does Bartimeus see with eyes but also with his heart because he goes on to follow Jesus.  (Mark 10: 46-52)

This same question is asked of Thomas Aquinas.  Aquinas had written about the Eucharist and was pondering if he had done it justice.  In prayer, AQ put the book down in front of the crucifix.  He heard “Thou hast written well of me, what recompense dost thou desire?”
Thomas humbly answered, “None other than Thyself, O Lord.”  

I think Thomas Aquinas' answer is the best answer.  I'll have to remember it if and when God asks me what I want.

Nothing but You, My Love.

Simple Explanation of the Mass

 Everything you ever wanted to learn about the Catholic Mass is explained by Mike Aquilina's Understanding the Mass .  This little book,...