Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Human Nature


Email and phone conversations have taken up an inordinate amount of my time, lately.  They're from two organizations, of which I am president.  The point of these conversations is to change my mind.  I listen politely, as I like to think is my nature, and end up saying that we'll discuss it further at the next meeting.

What goes?  Why does this happen?  We discussed it and voted at the previous meeting.

I think the opponents of the decision get together and contact others and decide to approach me to reopen the discussion.

What I don't understand is why don't they object at the meeting before we voted.  I've come to the conclusion that decisions take two meetings.  The first meeting is to approach the subject and talk about it.  Then dismiss people with think about and we'll vote next meeting.

I'm thinking of taking a person to person vote to write down "yay" or "nay".  So when they call, I'll point out that they voted for it, or the majority voted for it.

I don't care because as the leader of the group, I mean to serve the group.  Whatever they want, I'll implement.  But make up your mind, already!

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...