Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

You're Chosen

It was a simple question.  "Why am I the only one in my family that loves God?"

The response, "Funny, me too."

Very often there's one person that's different than all the others in the family.  He's religious!

Do you think, God picks people out to do special work, like pray for others, be a priest, to give witness to God, bring others to God?  I do.  I sometimes think that's my job--to bring others closer to God.  I usually can introduce people to others who help them.  I offer ideas that sometimes make them reflect.

I think God has chosen certain people to do certain things, Abraham, David, the twelve apostles, etc.  Never mind the chosen people--the Jews, to produce a messiah.

What do you think you were chosen for?

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...