Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

My Brother

My brother, Ronnie, died this morning.  I don't know how to take it.  We weren't close.  He's 22 years older than I.  He was married and had a family and had moved on before I was even born.  I've only seen him a few times in my life.  He lived on the West Coast.  I live on the East Coast.

I have shed a few tears, and then wondered why.  Perhaps for a relationship that never was developed?  Probably because his death is a reminder of my own mortality.

 I don't know.

1 comment:

jerry said...

Faith, Had your blog bookmarked and something told me to check it today. I see in your last post on Monday, that your brother had passed away that morning. Only you know how you feel, so I don't want to say something unmeaningful. Just want you to know that I am praying for you and for Ronnie's soul and pray that God gives you the wisdom and grace to understand the relationship you had with your brother. Peace, Jerry

Black Masking Indians

 The church, St. Augustine, is the oldest Black Catholic parish in the United States, located in Treme, Louisianna.  Tremé is the oldest Afr...