Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Depicting the Mercy of Jesus

Dante called St. Luke, "The scribe of Christ's gentleness." I can see why.  Luke portrays a merciful Jesus.  I think I like Luke's account better than the other evangelists, because of  this.

I've just finished writing a formation module for the Lay Dominicans, in my province.  I was assigned to write on Luke, in June--due September.

....yeah, a little late.  But it was much more involved than I expected it to be.  I realized (too late) that my approach was a commentary.  I actually was writing a commentary on the Gospel of Luke.  Gosh!  Who do I think I am?

By the time I realized what I was doing, I had too much work committed.  I didn't want to waste it; so I continued.  But you know what?  I like it.  It's a simple commentary, and obviously read to be discussed because I break it up into short sections to reflect and discuss.

So what if it's crayon theology?  That's where people begin.
In Omnibus Christus

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...