Search This Blog

Saturday, July 8, 2023

The Surprise in Emmaus

 

The picture is from a diorama my grandchildren were playing to demonstrate the story of Jesus on the road to Emmaus.  I always think of this story when people talk about others being rude.

My grandkids thought Jesus was being rude because He disappeared when breaking bread at the table.  "How rude!" they exclaimed, in the middle of supper!

In reading Luke 24:35 today, I noticed that the verse specifically said that the disciples came to know Jesus in "the breaking of the bread."

Duh!  Some Catholic I am.

Jesus is in the Eucharistic bread.  There's no need for a double Jesus.  When He broke the bread, He was present in the bread.  They were having a celebration of the Mass.  

No comments:

The Last Believers

  The Women by Kristin Hannah is a wonderful story about a woman’s experience working as a nurse during the Vietnam War. It’s heart wrenchi...