Search This Blog

Friday, July 7, 2023

Do You Doubt God's Power?

 One day when one of my grandchildren and I were walking around the church, I happened to point out the Tabernacle.  When I said that God was in there, the response was, "In a box?"

I didn't know how to respond.  How to explain "sacramentally," "spiritually," "accidents/substance," to a preschooler?  Adults grapple with the idea of God being in the Eucharist!  

Karl Keating says it bests when he says that if God can create the universe, then why couldn't He make bread and wine into His own Body and Blood?  He says He does in John 6: 55. Does Jesus lie?

But it still looks like bread and wine.  Yes, like I still look like me even when inside I've changed to a me that's in love, to a me that's been traumatized, to a me that's dying of sickness.  I may look the same but I'm not.

Don't limit God's Word to our limited human understanding.



No comments:

The Last Believers

  The Women by Kristin Hannah is a wonderful story about a woman’s experience working as a nurse during the Vietnam War. It’s heart wrenchi...