Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Pushing On

 What would you do if you're one of Jesus' disciples in the boat with Peter? Matthew 14: 22-33.

Peter tries to walk on water but when he feels himself sinking, he stops.  What would you do?

Think.

What do you do when you run up against obstacles?  You're knitting and you realize you've made a mistake.  Do you continue?  Rip it all out and begin again?  Throw it in the trash?  

I continue on and finish it, such as it is.

What do you do when you start a project that turns out to be too much?  Quit? 

I continue on to just finish, half-ass tho it may be.  It's done!

So to answer my question in the beginning.  If I were Peter and felt myself sinking, I would have thrown myself forward hoping to land within touching distance of Jesus.  No way would I have stopped and let myself sink. 

Till my dying day I will give it all awayI'll be pushing onTill the rivers run dry I've got to try, try, tryI'll keep pushing onWhen my soles wear through I won't be feeling blueI'll keep pushing on (pushing on)Till the rivers run dry I've got to try, try, tryI'll keep pushing on (pushing on, push, pushing on) ...                                                                              Lyrics to Pushing On Song by Jimi Jules and Oliver Dollar



No comments:

The Last Believers

  The Women by Kristin Hannah is a wonderful story about a woman’s experience working as a nurse during the Vietnam War. It’s heart wrenchi...