Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blessing


My first grandchild!  May I introduce you to Baby Lucy.  She arrived this morning, July 14, 2010, weighing in at 7 lbs. 12 oz, 21 inches long.  She has so much hair you can part it.  Daddy quipped, "Instead of bringing a bonnet, we should have brought a hair scrungie."  

All is well.  My daughter, the Mommy is well, but tired.  The baby is eating and disposing very heartily.  She is thriving.  

Deo Gratias.

It is very humbling to be a part of God's plan.  I helped create the Mom, who continued the process.  God is great.  Just to look upon a new born, new life, proof of love, is meditative.  Does God love us this much?

1 comment:

Marie Cecile said...

Congrats on the new addition to your family (God's family), I believe that it is all part of God's Plan. You put it nicely by the way.

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...