Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Poem to go with Idjit

And I realized this was the wrong place.


“One large cheese pizza”
“10 minutes”

Sticking in the snow, a flag waved “Open,”
and the man behind the counter said “Hello.”

I called for one large cheese pizza,
and he smiled and said fifteen minutes.

Mmm, I thought; on the phone he said 10,
and sat down to watch the twelve o’clock news.

He turned the oven on and walked to the back.
Soon he came carrying a white bumpy circle

and opened the oven door and gave the doughy
circle a shove that sent it well inside the hot box.

The news was the same old and I was bored.
I picked up a menu and stared at the cover.

My eyes grew wide reading the name on the front;

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...