Search This Blog

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Stroke

Modern medicine can be miraculous.  Two weeks ago, one of my "cloistered brothers", had a stroke.  That news stopped me in my tracks.  My mother had a stroke and she was paralyzed on her left side for the rest of her life.  My friend, Sue had a stroke and she also is paralyzed.  And so when I heard that my "cloistered brother" was paralyzed on his left side, I expected similar results.

Yet, today when I walked into the chapter meeting, there he was. 

He was fine.  His left side was weak and he may be mentally confused occasionally, but still.  He was given some kind of medicine to reverse the effects of the stroke. 

He is blessed.

No comments:

Not Ship-Shape

  The Woman in Cabin 10 b y Ruth Ware is called a psychological thriller.  To me it means that the protagonist, Lauren, will drive you crazy...