Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Animals are Animals


Sometimes dogs just don't like people. Why? Your guess is as good as mine.  Their smell?  Their demeanor? Their fear?

But it doesn't mean anything.  I've had dogs growl at me and cats jump into my lap.  Don't put human motives on the animal.

I know this and was reminded of this knowledge when I read G.K. Chesterton's The Oracle of the Dog.  It's a short story and available for free to read, here.

This is a Father Brown mystery.  Someone is killed and it seems like the dog fingers the guilty party.  But it's not that simple.  The dog simply didn't like the person.  The dog didn't know who committed the crime. 

It's a quick read.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...