Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Apologists, Catechists, Theologians: Wake Up!

MEK Picture
Apologists, Catechists, Theologians: Wake Up!: After perusing the latest Pew Study on why young people are leaving the active practice of Christianity, I confess that I just sighed in exasperation. I don't doubt for a moment the sincerity of those taking the survey.  It's just their objections are so easily answered--hasn't anyone ever addressed them?



I agree with Bishop Barron's article.  I was shocked once when I asked my RCIA class what they wanted to learn.  The first subject was Jesus.  I had always assumed that everyone was Christian and was in my class to become Catholic.  WRONG!  I had Muslims, Buddhists, Wiccan, and once a Satanist, but most were basically nothing.  They were taking RCIA to learn what Christianity is all about.



All catechists have to assume that their students know nothing.  Start                                                                                                                               with Jesus.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...