Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day One Consecration to Mary for the 21st Century/A Lenten Journey

Day One 
Ash Wednesday

Prayers for Ash Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday after Ash Wednesday

All day, when you think of it, pray the ejaculatory prayer, "Come Holy Spirit."  End the day with an examination of conscience--even while in bed.

First Meditation

You have to get yourself a Rosary.  Put it in your pocket or in your purse.  The point is that you either feel it every time you put your hand in your pocket, or you see it every time you open your purse.  When you do see or feel your Rosary, think of Mary and pray, "Mary, pray for me now and at the hour of my death."

Second Meditation

There will be times when you have to remove your Rosary (to change pockets or when emptying your purse to search for something).  Every time you do this, hold your Rosary in your hand and kiss it, before you replace it.  Never mind who sees you.  You are giving witness to your faith; be proud of it.  Also pray, "Mary, pray for me now and at the hour of my death."

Third Meditation

Meditate upon Father Aniello Salicone's prayer, "Thank you Jesus, for loving me."

End your day with an examination of conscience--even in bed.
Come Holy Spirit
What good did I do today?
Where did I fail?
How can I do better?

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...