Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2018

My First Dance


Image result for image dancing


My First Dance by William Wyllie

We listen to the oldies as we sit. A song by the Flamingos comes on, that was a hit.
You ask me to dance as you hear this play. "I can't dance, never could" is what I say.
You answer "If I knew that I would have asked you a long time ago."
I get up and try it, not knowing where to go.
I put my head on your shoulder and my arms around your wait.  I do it without haste.
You let me take the lead, I move my feet around.
Who knows where this is going or where we are bound.
Too soon the music ends, this feels so good.  If she asks me again, you know I would.
Another Flamingos song come on not long after the last.  Again we dance, it ends too fast.
Happy I feel, our first dance has come.  Memories are made, with my very special one.
A very special lady, this you sure are.  With you by my side, I know we'll go far.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...