Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2018

Lamenting a Loss

I can see my Magnificat lying on the seat in the first pew.
No use praying to St. Anthony for my lost MagnificatMagnificat is a monthly magazine that has the readings for the daily masses for the month--plus much more of interest to the devout and pious person. I know where I lost it and I am never going back to that place again.  Besides, I'll get a new Magnificat, for next month.

So it's not the magazine, itself, that I'm lamenting.  It's the pictures and holy cards that I use as bookmarks.  There's a postcard of a Lithuanian shrine that I will never see again.  I know because I asked the clerk in the Lithuanian bookstore and he said he didn't have anymore and couldn't get anymore. 

I lost it at Holy Apostle Seminary's Chapel in Cromwell, Connecticut.  I was there Saturday for a Lay Dominican regional meeting.

I guess I'll have to start marking the November Magnificat with brand new holy cards and pictures.  

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...