Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Father Richard Ambrose Fleck, O.P.

I went to Father Fleck's funeral this morning. I am happy that he's out of his body, which was a true prison for him. I'm happy he's not suffering. But he is the person I would have gone to, to be comforted. What do I do now?

This is one good thing about having faith. The assurance of faith tells me that he is with Christ. May God grant him peace for ever.

We who are left behind must find comfort. I find comfort in poetry. Norman Vicent Peale wrote:

Know that there is no death, that all life in indivisible, that the here and hereafter are one, that time and eternity are inseparable, that this is one unobstructed universe. We are citizens of eternity.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...