Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2018

Holy, Holy, Holy


Don't ask me why but I have several bottles of Holy Water.  I bless myself every morning and evening with holy water.  I sprinkle the room of my home with holy water.

I usually fill a bottle as soon as it's empty, but for some reason lately, I've been lazy.  That's why I had a few empty bottles on my dresser.  The other day when my granddaughter was over my house she was playing in my bedroom.  I saw her playing with my statues and didn't say anything; I didn't want to discourage her budding piety.  Later when I looked in the room she was on her knees mumbling her prayers very devoutly.

That night when I was straightening out my dresser I saw that she had made a little shrine.  She had statues and crosses and holy pictures surrounded by candles.  Plus all my bottles of holy water.  They were ALL filled with water.

There was no way to tell which bottles had tap water and which had holy water!

I'm bringing them ALL to a priest to bless them.

No comments:

Simple Explanation of the Mass

 Everything you ever wanted to learn about the Catholic Mass is explained by Mike Aquilina's Understanding the Mass .  This little book,...