Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Hearing and Adhering

Guess what the Holy Spirit did today.  He directed me to a hymn that reinforces what I am teaching this weekend.  Saturday and Sunday I am introducing Lectio_Divina.  This is my favorite way of praying.  To me it's simple--think while you pray, but most people don't know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, this morning I opened up my Liturgy of the Hours to begin the Office of Readings for Wednesday, Week II in Ordinary Time.  The Hymn for the Office of Readings is Herr Jesu Christ Dich, Anon.  The melody is Herr Jesu and the Music is Cantionale Germanicum, Dresden, 1628.

I don't understand where the title is in the above, but I've given you all the information there is.
Read this and keep in mind that I'm teaching Lectio Divina

Lord Jesus Christ, be present now,
And let your Holy Spirit bow
All hearts in love and truth today
To hear your word and keep your way.


Give us the grace to grasp your word,
That we may do what we have heard.
Instruct us thru the scriptures, Lord,
As we draw near, O God adored.

May your glad tidings always bring
Good news to men, that they may sing
Of how you came to save all men.
Instruct us till you come again.

To God the Father and the Son
And Holy Spirit, three in one;
To you, O blessed Trinity,
Be praise thruout eternity.


All I can say is I thank my Lord for His care and love.  

No comments:

Simple Explanation of the Mass

 Everything you ever wanted to learn about the Catholic Mass is explained by Mike Aquilina's Understanding the Mass .  This little book,...