Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Catholics Pray to Saints



My spiritual brother, Tom, over at his blog, "Disputations" has a posting about Catholics praying to saints.

It's a common expression. Pray to St. Anthony when you lose something. Pray to St. Jude when you're desperate. Pray to St. Dominic before you lector. Pray to St. Thomas Aquinas before a test. Pray to St. Rocco to be cured. Pray to St. Gerard for a baby.

I always thought that it is understood that you are praying for that saint's intercession to God. But I guess many don't look at it that way. Too bad because that's one of the reasons I'm glad I'm Catholic. I have all these saints to pray to.

Ora pro nobis.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...