Search This Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Ponkapoag


The hiking group hiked around Blue Hills Reservation today.  It was long.  Some of it was across a bog and the trail was reduced to planks.  One of our members, concentrating on his footing went smack into a low branch.  The planks were wet, some covered with slippery moss, and rotten in various places.  Everyone had to focus on their footing.  That's what happened. John went smack into a branch that hung just about his forehead level.  He also fell back onto me.  And if that hadn't happened to him, it would have happened to me because I was right behind him. 

One interesting thing we came across, on this hike was a pitcher plant--a carnivorous plant that eats bugs.  See it is shaped to trap insects. Once inside, it closes and the liquid will digest the victim.

No comments:

Bulletin for Mary

I'm composing a blurb for my parish's church bulletin. Some friends and I are "tree huggers." We're into gardening a...