Search This Blog

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Book Selections

My book club met last night to choose the coming year's selections of good reads:

For September:  Mayflower by Nathaniel Philbrick
October:  11-23-63 by Stephen King
November: The Buffalo Creek Disaster by Gerald M. Stern
December: My Grandmother Told Me She's Sorry by Frederik Backmann

January: Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza
February: American Treasurers by Stephen Puleo
March: The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
April: Life in a Jar by Jack Mayer
May: The Little Paris Book Shop by Nina George
June: The Forgetting Time by Sharon Guskin
July: The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant
August: The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson

I'm happy to realize that I've read five of these selections, already.

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...