Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Big Game

The Big Game: I'm not sure there were many people at the 6 p.m. Mass on Super Bowl Sunday. Actually, I think I can say without too much reservation that the congregation was most assuredly smaller than usual. That's because everyone was preparing to watch the Super Bowl game.



Jaymie Stuart Wolfe, the author compares this particular game's result to the spiritual life.  I like this and agree.  Super Bowl LI was unique.  The Patriots, who won, never led in the entire game, yet they won.  Let this be a lesson to everyone.  Persevere.



The same is true in our spiritual lives.  How many times do we sin?  How often do we doubt?  Isn't easier to just relax and join the cultural decline of moral values?  Aren't we tired?



Well, don't.  No matter what, take a lesson from the Patriots and persevere.

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...