Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The First American Priest Martyr

Padre Stan
The First American Priest Martyr: With martyrs, Christians are always faced with a moral paradox, for martyrs are signs of contradiction not only to the people and culture that executed them but also to the Church that venerates them.

I read this because I remember in the early days of our country's beginnings, priests were martyred. I'm thinking of the French Jesuits in Canada and the Spanish missionaries in Central America. But the title says "American", meaAmerican-born born. It's about Father Stanley Francis Rother's martyrdom in Guatemala. Please read the article.

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...