Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Not a Kindle Book

For the past year, I've been reading Church of Spies: The Pope's War Against Hitler by Mark Riebling.  I was reading it on my kindle.  It was not a good experience.  I found that there were too many characters to keep straight and it's not easy to flip pages back and forth, on a kindle.  Yes, you can do it, but not as easy as a real book.  Additionally, the book is heavily notated.  It was too much trouble to go look up the referenced notes, so I didn't.  I gave up on the book.

That is until it was selected as a book for my book club.  OK, I gave Church of Spies another shot.  Let me tell you, it ended up being a good spy thriller.  I couldn't put it down.  And was I surprised when I came to the end and I had only read 48% of the book.  All the rest were the notes!  

Well!  I was impressed and so will you be when you read Church of Spies: The Pope's War Against Hitler.  But don't buy it for kindle.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...