Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Mary.

http://www.thebostonpilot.com/article.asp?ID=177977 The next World Youth Day will focus on Mary. This touches me deeply. Currently, I'm reading and participating in Scott Hahn's on-line course for Advent which is about Mary. I've started to read Hahn's book, Hail, Holy Queen. This morning I was brought to my knees by this realization: "Whatever made the ark of the covenant holy made Mary even holier. If the first ark contained the Word of God in stone, Mary's body contained the Word of God enfleshed. If the first ark contained miraculous bread from heaven, Mary's body contained the very Bread of Life that conquers death forever. If the first ark contained the rod of the long-ago ancestral priest, Mary's body contained the divine person of the eternal priest, Jesus Christ."
Dr. Scott Hahn

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...