Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

My Trump Prediction

Wall Street Journal Photo

Let me make it clear that I am not a Trump supporter.  I find it incomprehensible that many of my Lay Dominican friends can even consider him worthy of consideration, never mind vote for him!  Geesh!  Did they forget that you can't worship both God and mammoth?  Or that forgiveness trumps (no pun intended) all, along with mercy?  What about loving our neighbors and welcoming the foreigner?

They dare say "Life" trumps (no pun intended) everything.  But Donald Trump keeps changing his position on abortion, depending on his audience.  See how he changed positions three times in a week.  Trump is such a hypocrite.  He now says he's changed his mind and is "pro-life."  However, changing one's position is the very reason Trump mocked Ben Carson.

Let me also make it clear that I am not a Clinton supporter, either.  I am too pro-life to support her. However, I look at the two of them very objectively.  And besides not liking what I see, I also see an unfair competition.  It's comparable to a professional fighter vs. an amateur.  And everyone roots for the underdog.

Your Average Joe
Hilary is a professional, consummate politician, i.e., experienced, polished, poised, prepared, etc.  Donald is the opposite--and that's his appeal.  People are sick of politicians and want something different.  In fact, his losing the debate (in everybody's opinion but those who think their child can do no wrong), should be used as the excuse for getting out of more debates, and also waved as a banner--"Career Pol vs. People's Choice."

He should proclaim, "I concede the debates to Secretary Clinton.  I cannot compete with her political, polish politesse.  I am a man of the people.  While she, the madam of spin is busy schmoozing, I will be working for the people.  I have places to go and people to meet."

I predict that he will bow out of the debates.  I think it is the smart thing for him to do; he can't win.

Also, for the record, I'm voting for Joe Schriner.





No comments:

Easter Witches

 Why not?  We have Easter bunnies, and whatever bunnies have to do with the Resurrection, is beyond me.  In Sweden, after Good Friday, when ...