Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2016

Loose Cannon


Yes, I've been called a loose cannon. So?  Is that supposed to be a detriment?  Wasn't Jesus Christ a loose cannon?  Some thought so.  Wasn't Peter, the first pope?

It's a vacuous concept.  Does it mean I'm a psycho?  Hellion?  Troublemaker?  Unpredictable?
I don't think so at all.  My friends don't either.  Does it mean I'm always ready to jump in and help?  Passionate?  Give my all?  Aggressive?  Excuse me, but I think these are positive attributes.

You know what?  Maybe the person who called me a "loose cannon" was projecting himself.  Now there's a new definition of "loose cannon:" someone who spontaneously stamps a label on a person who challenges them!    

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...