Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2016

How to Share the Good News


I've started preparing for my reading duties for this coming Sunday.  I'm the lector.  One of the readings is rather obscure.  I'm sure the congregation won't get anything out of it, Colossians 2:12-14. The instructions in the Lector's Workbook, say something that I already know, but they reinforce an important fact that every parent, teacher, and friend, should have imprinted on their heart:

Such Good News should be shared with joy.  The text is a bit obscure and can't easily be grasped at first hearing.  Your listeners may not clearly remember what you say,but they always remember how you make them feel.  So be sure you make them feel the joyful nature of this good news.


No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...