Almost a Priest

This is a busy weekend for me.  Since I don't have any obligatory services to do, I thought I'd go to the last Mass on Saturday, so I'd have two completely free days of "no demands," i.e., Sunday and Patriot's Day.  At the 7:30 PM Mass, I saw a familiar face walk down the aisle dressed as in priest vestments.  It was Matt Conley
.  I know him from prison ministry.  And I didn't  know he was a priest.  I picked up the bulletin and read that he was a transitional deacon.  A transitional deacon is a breath away from being a priest.  In fact, Matt gave the homily and he mentioned that in one more month he would be ordained a priest.

His homily was good, too.  He talked about Amoris Laetitia.  He told the congregation to read it.  (It's 255 pages of theological/pastoral directions.)  But you know, I probably will read it because my "cloistered brothers" read that kind of stuff.  They'll want to discuss it.  He tied the pope's exhortation to the Gospel, John 10: 27-30.  Marriages need Jesus in the center.  That's what Amoris Laetitia is all about and that's what the Good Shepherd does.  Follow the Shepherd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Posterity

Re-examen