Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Portable Shrine


These pictures are of a little portable shrine that my Lay Dominican student in formation made for me.  He did this on his own; it was not an assignment. It started out as a small tin box that once contained "ALTOIDS," the breath mint.  Inside he glued a rosary ring on one side and some medals on the other.  On the outside is taped a holy card on the front and back.  On one side it reads, "Praise, Bless, Preach."  The other side says it in Latin, "Laudare Benedicere Praedicare."

I use it to carry my rosary.  When I'm waiting for this or that, I take it out, open it in front of me, and pray.  It's a little prayer shrine.

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...