Search This Blog

Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Mass

Midnight Mass came and went without me.  I was stuck at home with a head cold.  This morning I felt a bit better and made it to the last Mass in my parish, 10:30 AM.  Observing the people entering, I noticed they were quieter than usual.  Most of them I didn't know.

Were they strangers and weren't sure how to act?  Did they not see any friends and neighbors?  Maybe.

Usually, there's a lot of chatter, with people greeting each other.

Wait.

There could be another reason.  Maybe, just maybe, they recognized the presence of Jesus in the Tabernacle. Do you think?

The quiet atmosphere just reminded me of walking into a sleeping baby's room.

Look. Look, the Baby Jesus has come.  Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...