Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Stories Inside Stories


Book Club is in about an hour.  I want to get my thoughts straight before I go and their opinions influence me.  The book is Copper Beech by Maeve Binchly.  I have never read her before because I thought she was a sappy romance writer.  I admit I was wrong.  I loved the book, Copper Beech.  Maeve Binchly is excellent in character development. The title comes from a tree that grew in front of the school everyone in the village attended.  The stories and the lives of 10 characters are what the book is about.  Their lives are interwoven and intersected are expertly crafted in the plot.  Everyone is tied together.  Binchy paints everyone compassionately objective.  

My favorite character was Maura Brennan.  I loved her pragmatism.  Her common sense and practical assessment always proved the best.  I loved how she mothered her son.  In fact, this child is the catalyst for the climax of the story.  I won't spoil it for you, but I think everyone will love this book.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...