Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Who is Jesus to You?



Just beginning RCIA, we are discussing Jesus--Who He is? He is:

Teacher   --   John 13:13

Lover      --   John 15:9, 12-13

Friend     --   John 15:15

There's more, but these are the ones that mean most to me.  Could Jesus be whoever you want Him to be?  I don't think so because let's suppose you were crazy and want Jesus to be evil.  That He could never be except inside your misdirected mind.

But to me, Jesus as a teacher, lover and friend helps me relate to others better.  He teaches me to be a better person.  And a better person means I love others.

What is Jesus to you?

Healer?
Servant?
Redeemer?
God?

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...