Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Plugging Away at the Rosary

I'm still plugging away at the Rosary.  I have a love/hate relationship with this type of prayer.  I just space out and realize that I'm on the last bead and don't remember a darn thing. How did I get here?

I've tried not praying the Rosary, but that made me miserable.  I missed it.  I carry a rosary with me. I absently finger the beads.  They're in my pocket, under my pillow, in my car's cup holder, hanging on my rearview mirror,on the table, next to my chair, and draped over my lamp on my computer table.

So I vary the ways to pray the Rosary, hopefully to keep me alert.  I've tried audio, visual, DVD, praying on my computer, praying the Seven Sorrow Rosary, contemplative rosary, and I'm sure there's others.  Today, I read about the clausular approach to the rosary.   It would work like the following for the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The five Sorrowful Mysteries with the clauses in red.
1st Sorrowful Mystery – Jesus in Agony in the Garden
Our Father…
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus – with whom you suffered at His torment in the garden. – Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory Be…
O My Jesus…
2nd Sorrowful Mystery – Jesus Scourged at the Pillar
Our Father…
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus – with whom you agonized at His torture at the pillar. – Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory Be…
O My Jesus…
3rd Sorrowful Mystery – Jesus Crowned With Thorns
Our Father…
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus – with whom you mourned at His ridicule. – Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory Be…
O My Jesus…
4th Sorrowful Mystery – Jesus Takes up the Cross
Our Father…
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus – with whom you offered yourself as he embraced the cross. – Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory Be…
O My Jesus…
5th Sorrowful Mystery – Jesus is Crucified
Our Father…
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus – with whom your heart was pierced as He was crucified. – Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory Be…
O My Jesus…
Hail Holy Queen…
May your heart bleed with Mary’s heart…and through her eyes come to more fully know what Jesus has done for you.

Read more: http://www.spiritualdirection.com/2015/09/15/praying-the-clausular-rosary-on-the-memorial-of-our-lady-of-sorrows#ixzz3m0PsB6uJ


By myself, I kind of made up a more personal clausular approach.  On every Hail Mary I specifically pray for someone I know personally.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for my son who is looking for a better job, now and at the hour of his death.  Amen.

As long as I pray, as long as I intend to pray, as long as I try, as long as I persevere, Our Lady understands.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...