Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Day Ten Consecration to Mary for the 21st Century/A Lenten Journey

                                                           Claudio Ridofi--Wikipedia                                                         Mary at the foot of the Cross                                                       Santa Maria in Portuno, Corinaldo

                     Consecration to Mary for the 21st Century/A                                              Lenten Journey

                                                                         Day Ten


Saturday of the First Week of Lent

Prayers for this week, Days 5-10 in Lent:

Begin each day with, "Mary, Mother of God, help me with your prayers."
End each day with, "Mother of God, pray for me," and don't forget your examen.

First Meditation

Have you gone to confession yet?  C'mon.  Push yourself.  Look what Mary suffered watching her Son suffer.  I can't imagine her heart break.  As a parent, I could hardly bear watching my child strike out, in a baseball game. "Oh Mary, how could you stand it?"  Meditate upon the sufferings of a mother, and especially Mary's sufferings.

Second Meditation

Contemplate upon this argument by St. Thomas Aquinas.  Sll of God's graces come to us through Mary.  Therefore, if we wish to go to Him; seeking union with Him, we should use the same method He used in coming down from heaven to assume our human nature.  That means was through Mary, His Mother.

Third Meditation

Pray a decade of the Rosary.
Our Father
Hail Mary (10x)
Glory Be

End the day with "Mother of God, pray for me" and the examen.

End your day with an examination of conscience--even in bed.
Mother of God, pray for me. 
What good did I do today?
Where did I fail?
How can I do better?

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...