Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Snippets -- A Catholic Carnival


R'Ann asks about priests who have influenced my life.  I have two.  The first is Fr. Aniello.  Father has the gift of healing.  Back in the day, I didn't know what that meant.  A friend and co-worker asked me to take her to a healing service, since Father Aniello was celebrating Mass and a healing service, in my parish.  I did.  No, I didn't experience a Saul to Paul knock off my ass.  But I felt something.  Better, I have had an insatiable desire to learn all I can about our Triune God, ever since.

The other priest, conversely, affected me.  He was my very first spiritual director.  Fr. John was kinda flaky.  "Kinda" is being kinda.  I went to him about four times.  Since he was my first SD, I was very sincere, devoted, and conscientious.  I remember him telling me it was most important to have a regular prayer life.  I should go to morning Mass, if possible.  I should learn the Divine Office.  Pray a daily Rosary.  Also, I should set aside time to do Lectio Divina.  Finally, Confession should be once a month.

This is what I remember and still try to do.  Outside of that, Father John kept forgetting to come to our sessions.  He wouldn't return my phone calls and I hated to be a pest, and keep calling and calling. I eventually stopped calling, and he never noticed. When I see him today, he said he doesn't remember this at all.

Probably repressed the memory!

However, as terrible as he was at being a SD, our first encounter, and his instructions to me, are what have influenced me for the rest of my life.

R'Ann also asks that I and other bloggers join together on her site, This And That And The Other Thing, and share with each other what happened to us, during the past week.  I was very busy and sick on the Fourth of July--lasting throughout July 5.  It was some kind of intestinal bug.  I feel better, today.

Sunday -- Obsessing about statue's toes.

Monday -- Finally finished after 37 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday -- Beautifully poetic day.

Wednesday -- My Iraqui family needs help desperately.

Thursday -- The diocese of Springfield Mass has a new bishop.

Friday -- Hurricane Arthur

Be in touch next week.

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...