Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday Snippets -- A Catholic Carnival


The past two weeks have been a whirl; so much so, that I didn't have time to post Sunday Snippets -- A Catholic Carnival, last Sunday.  Not so, this week.  I'm posting this week's posts.  First, since this is the month of May, which is dedicated to Mary, I want to post about my joining in with Mary's pregnancy.  On March 25, the date upon which the church celebrates the Annunciation, I start a novena, which I continue for nine months.  It is completed on December 25, the birth of Jesus.  The first few years I did it, it was a chore.  Now, like praying a daily Rosary, it's a part of my life.

Now, I join my fellow bloggers, at This And That And the Other Thing Blog, and recap my week:

Monday -- Childhood memories of Memorial Day

Tuesday -- Highlighting Scripture

Wednesday -- Castle Island with the Trail Blazers, not to be confused with my Trail Hikers

Thursday -- A morning blessing

Friday -- A tribute to Maya Angelou

Saturday --  Please sign the petition (It's working to apply pressure on the Sudanese government.)

You know, if you click over to This And That And the Other Thing Blog, you'll have some good reading to entertain yourself.  

Hands Up Don't Shoot

  Our Lady of Ferguson Icon by Mark Doox Icons are written because they are stories. This story began in the city of Ferguson, Missouri, whi...