Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

Imageless Prayer

Fr. Philip Philebert, O.P. said, "breathing prayer might be helpful for you."  He said quiet down, center yourself, and concentrate on your breathing.  Inhale God into yourself--your body--your soul--every nook and cranny, let God seep in.  Then exhale Him back out to the world--everywhere--on all people--and things.

Even I can do this.  I may not be able to do centering prayer, where I am consistently and constantly fighting off distractions.  I may not be able to enter into an Ignatian exercise, where I can't find myself anywhere in the picture--what's wrong with me?

But I can breathe.      Ah....


Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...