Search This Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday Snippets -- A Catholic Carnival


RA'nn at the blog This and That and The Other Thing graciously hosts our weekly link ups.  We're a group of Catholic bloggers, who gather at RA'nn's every Sunday and talk about our week's posts.  But before I get into that, I want to answer a question I was asked.  "What is my spiritual New Year's Resolution?"

My New Year's Resolution is applicable to all areas of my life.  It is to change my attitude.  I tend to be negative, snarky, and cynical.  I'm going to try to be positive, charitable, and kind.  This applies to my everyday activities.  I want people I meet to go away from me happy that they met up with me.  This attitude will even spill out on my weight loss issues.  Positive people are happier people and that affects everything you do, and everyone around you.  Consequently, my spiritual life will be better because I won't be hurting others with my snarkiness and bad humor.  Pray for me.

Monday -- At my advanced age, it finally occurred to me to pray for my Confessor.  Poor priest.

Tuesday -- I posted a video from You Tube.

Wednesday -- A poem from my fellow Senior Scribbler, Carol Belcher.

Thursday -- My thoughts regarding Fr. Bob's homily on his Bangladesh Christmas.

Friday -- You won't believe all the connections between the Nativity and the Resurrection.

Saturday -- Br. Tonto cartoon.

See you over at This and That and the Other Thing.

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...