Search This Blog

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Snippets -- A Catholic Carnival

Rejoice!  I say it again, rejoice!  It's the third Sunday of Advent and the Lord is coming.  \0/ \0/ \0/  

RAnn asks what spiritual gift I would like to be blessed with.  What I need is the gift of moderation.  I tend to jump in with both feet, when just a toe would do.  Please God, place a hand over my mouth, handcuffs on my hands, and shackle my feet to You.  Sit on me Lord, I don't want to make a fool out of myself, anymore; although I will for you.

Now for Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival, where I give you my week, in review.  This post will link up to RAnn's This That And The Other Thing, where other bloggers will also link up.  Together, we share, read, and discuss our posts.  It's fun.

Monday -- I wanted to call attention to the vocation story of three seminarians, one of whom is from my own parish.  Patrick Fiorillo gives witness to his faith journey.  Pray for Pat and his classmates.

Tuesday -- A rant against recreational sex and living together.

Wednesday -- I prayed.

Thursday -- Commercial for Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology

Thursday -- Book Review on Scott Lerner's Ruler of Demons.

Friday -- Short Story for my granddaughter.

Saturday -- The Blues

Christmas is getting closer.  I've finished the Christmas cards.  I've lit the pink candle on the Advent wreath.  I'm ready.

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...