Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Snippets-A Catholic Carnival


Back from a busy week, and month!  Last week I never got to post a Sunday Snippets-A Catholic Carnival because I was out of town, out of state, sans computer.  This week was catchup.  Consequently, I'm not proud of anything I wrote.  I'm not highlighting my daily statuses, except for Wednesday and Thursday.

Wednesday -- I wrote about Faith being an invincible weapon.  The Hill of Crosses in Lithuania and the memorial cross in Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Center, left an impression on me.

Thursday --  The Master came to call.  The Master General of the Order of Preachers (Dominicans) visited Our Lady of Mercy Chapter.

The question of the week is have I ever tried the Liturgy of the Hours.  The LOH is sometimes called Divine Office, Office, the Breviary, and the book that priests are obligated to pray.  Being a Lay Dominican, I am obligated to pray at least Morning and Evening prayers.  Since I pray twice a day, at least, it has become part of my daily routine.  Now it only takes me 5-7 minutes.  Morning prayer is easy.  I sit down with a cup of coffee and read/pray.  Evening prayer is not a set time.  Often I pray it just before going to bed.  But it has become part of my life.

Hands Up Don't Shoot

  Our Lady of Ferguson Icon by Mark Doox Icons are written because they are stories. This story began in the city of Ferguson, Missouri, whi...