Search This Blog

Monday, September 23, 2013

Easy99.1


4:00 AM is the time Sister Pauline had to be at the airport.  We got up an hour earlier.  Everything worked out fine.  There's no traffic at all.  All in all, it was an enjoyable trip.  Except of course, the goodbye part.

Coming home I was pleasantly shocked, to hear the Rosary being prayed on a secular radio station.  I had no idea.  I felt like gentle, easy music, to listen to at 5:00 AM.  I surfed the stations and settled upon WPLM-FM, Easy 99.1.  I was listening to Paul Simon, Diana Krall, et al.  I was happy as could be.  I had the road to my self.  I had just finished a wonderful time with friends.  The weather was cool, and mild.  The sun was getting ready to rise.  And I heard the radio voice say,

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

As the voice continued, I thought it was praying the Rosary.  It was 5:30 AM, a secular radio station, and it was praying the Rosary.  I have seen many marvelous things, but now I can say, I have heard a marvelous thing.

So I turned off the highway, towards a back road, and took the long way home.  There's no way I'm going to ignore a hint from God.  I prayed with Easy99.1.

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...