Search This Blog

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

Welcome to Sunday Snippets--a Catholic Carnival.  This is a synopsis of my week's worth of blogging, plus a link to other bloggers' post.  Thanks to RAnn at This, That n' the Other Thing, for coordinating the event.

First, I have to answer the question, which is what ministries am I involved.  I Lector, I'm in a prayer group, two Bible Studies, two Book Clubs, the Catholic Women's Club, the Worship Committee, the Web Site Committee,  and St. Rocco's (our church festival).  What takes up most of my time doesn't involve my parish.  I volunteer at a local prison for the Catholic Chaplaincy.

Now, Sunday Snippets are:

Monday was a haiku on Summer

Tuesday was about my prayer group's visit to our adopted priest.

Wednesday I was still on a "high" from Tuesday's experience.

Thursday had two posts: praying and a poll.

Friday, again two posts: St. Botolph and a book review.




Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...