Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sunday Snippets, A Catholic Carnival, August 18, 2013


It's Sunday!  That means another Sunday Snippets list connected to  RAnn at This, That and the Other Thing.  

This time RAnn has asked us to tell something about ourselves.  So get ready to be bored.  I'm a life long Catholic.  I'm retired and loving it.  I have three grown children, and one grandchild.  I've always taken my faith seriously, but I was a clueless practicing Catholic until the year 2000.  

In that year, the Holy Spirit moved me to do more for God.  I read religious books, joined a prayer group, Bible Study, and took whatever retreats, workshops, and classes, that I could.  I also started hanging around a retreat house run by Dominican friars.  One day, I picked up a pamphlet on Lay Dominicans.  I joined up.  

Today, I'm a Final Promised Lay Dominican with a prison ministry apostolate.  I blog because that's my way of preaching.  I try to vary what I post about because just pontificating gets boring.  What I posted this week: 

Monday -- Synergism  

Tuesday -- Freedom from Freedom  

Wed. & Thurs. --  I posted about questions: Impossible Questions and an Important Question  

Friday -- Dying Alone  

Saturday -- Praying  

Bored, yet?  Sometimes I'm inspired and I do some fun posts.  You'll just have to follow me.  I don't write long posts.  I hit and run.  It's hard to hit a moving target.  









Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...