Search This Blog

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

It's Sunday.  That means it's time to link up with the Catholic Carnival, at This That n' the Other Thing.  And thanks to RAnn for hosting.  Here's the snippets I posted about.  Monday, I wrote a book review on the next book in Michael Stewart's "Assured Destruction Series", Script Kiddie.  "Assured Destruction" is about a teenage girl who is trying to save her mom, her business, her boyfriend, her future,and even her life.  It's young adult, but I'm a senior adult and I'm hooked.  script Kiddie is the second in the series.
 
Tuesday I wrote about bargaining with God.  When I was about ten years old, I made a bargain with God because I wanted to win a softball game. That bargain still haunts me.

Wednesday, a friend was upset because her pastor disrespected her.  She was trying to help the parish by pointing out an error in a notice.  Everyone's reaction was that it was no big deal and she was just being a jerk.  I felt for her.  All people had to say was, "You're correct."  That's all.  Validate her concern.  What would it have cost her pastor to say, "You're right.  Thanks for noticing and telling me."  Everyone needs affirmation.

Thursday was a big feast day for me.  I celebrated the Vigil of St. Dominic with my brothers.  The feast day, itself, began with Mass.  And that's the last post I wrote this week, because I've been celebrating ever since the Feast of St. Dominic.  Veritas!

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...