Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

It's Sunday and it's time for highlighting this week's posts in Sunday Snippets--a Catholic Carnival.  RAn from This That and the Other Thing hosts this weekly event.  Every Sunday we group of Catholic bloggers bunch our posts together and put them on RAn's blog.

I posted quite a bit this week, even a book review.  I write book reviews for Tribute Books, and this time I was asked to review Ghostly Summons by John A. Karr.  I was happy to do this because I would never have picked this book out to read because it's a paranormal mystery, which isn't my cup of tea.  However, I had to read it to do the review.  Surprisingly, I liked it.  It may not be my usual fare, but it held my interest.  I couldn't tell "who done it."

It's easy to see how the idea for the book can easily be made into sequels.  The main character is compelled to solve crimes by apparitions.  The victims appear to him.  He can't get rid of them until he solves the crime.

The other, and by no means less important at all, I'd like to call your attention to the novena to St. Dominic.  His feast day is August 8, so the novena should have been started on July 31st. But better late than never.

Black Masking Indians

 The church, St. Augustine, is the oldest Black Catholic parish in the United States, located in Treme, Louisianna.  Tremé is the oldest Afr...