Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Zombies Play Mercilessly

Today I went to Senior Center to play cribbage.  I thought I'd have an easy time of it.  The old timers limped, stiff-legged, wheel-chaired, hobbled, etc., in.  They looked spacey.  They weren't alert.  In fact, they could barely see.  They could hardly hear, too.  It looked like we were experiencing an invasion of zombies.

Huh!

Don't let the zombies fool you.  True they can't hear; that must help them focus.  They're not responding to jokes, not because they're facial muscles have fossilized, but rather because they're centered in on whom holds what cards.  They're not with it, like a cat isn't zoned in on a mouse!  Ha!  They know where every single card in the deck is.

I got skunked!

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...