Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Cookies



It’s just bizarre.  It’s very strange how I enjoy cooking with my two year old granddaughter, when I hated cooking with my own children.  I remember I hated bending over the child to work on the counter.  I was annoyed that they took so long, didn’t stir good enough, and that they made such a mess.  Flour was all over the floor, counter, and cupboards.

Now, however, I think my granddaughter is so damn cute!  I still have to bend over her to stir, scrape, shape, pour, etc..  But I have so much more patience, now.  Her antics make me laugh.  And there’s still flour all over the floor, counter, and cupboards. 

I don’t know why or how this has happened.  But I know enough to enjoy it.  Thanks be to God.

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...